Halifax

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of Doncaster Minster

Doncaster

in the county of South Yorkshire

Aldeburgh, Suffolk - October 2005

Aldeburgh

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:40 on 16th November 2015
Hi to all POEsters wherever you are, and yes they are trying to get rid of drugs that Anna has been on for 20 years Shirley. They are looking for something more suitable and yes progress is made daily, so who knows?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:44 on 17th November 2015

Ron, when I went into the docotr here in town, he had an long long list of  drugs listed that  was soon done with after my heart operation...but it looked like I was still taking them....you think someone was still [pickign up prescriptions under my name so they could make money off selling them?...in an fraudulant way. He finally wiped them off as obsolete after 2 years.  Simply rediculous.

Ok, rain storm suppose to get dicey coming through tomarrow...15 inches of snow since last weekend started will open all ski areas on Mt. Hood...I bought an second "Big Buddy" propane heater...so I have two and my son has an smaller one if they ever lose electricity....we have fireplaces here with plenty of wood cut and ready to go.Only one thing I wanted to buy my hubby, but he has an birthday coming up after Christmas. But I did get him an new mansey looking set of flannel sheets for downstairs...and an new office chari for down there also. REst will include an local g3t away of ours we like to go to also. I'd really like to see an carport go along the house so we can work in my craft room and do other projects along the side of the house someday. Where if I paint, I can lock the gate ane let it dry and not have to worry about it.  I hae all kinds of craft book for lawn furniture,  wooden garden critters,  bird feeders and birdhouses to make.Something like that he can make at his own leisure throughout the year for an little extra cash maybe. 

Paris...it cries...and death has already taught me to many times...nothing can be done about it more or less, you pick up the pieces and try to move on. To think only 7 people could kill so many people. Those coming back said they didn't just shoot them...they were slaughtered. For many of the guys it said it was worse then any war conflict they had been in with the military. A little boy writes on the payment..."Love always wins". we could stand to listen to the children. After all, they inherit what their parents have destroyed in the world....reguardless of what side they were on or not on.

I keep hoping for an good Christmas for everyone. Doesn't seem right that I must cry or be feaful, or go without on this holiday, or any Christmas holiday....and I feel that way toward everyone...we see what goes on next....hope things change fo rthe better. I go fo rnow..Dancing wit the Stars" and it's finishing off it's season here soon also.

I learned an tremedous aount of things watching National Georgraphic's "Live Free or Die" epsiodes of people living off the land.  One thing I learned was thier dependency for most everything on trees, bees, clean water sources, and animals for food and hides...and all of them are in short supply. Destroyed by corporations many times and dumb people secondly. I've learned considerably also about making things off forging your own steel...even if it's scrap metal...and making small cook stoves, and building places to live...and preserving food also. I got to see first hand one guy make his own canoe...until he did...I thought they made them only by burning out the insides of logs.They were also showing how to strip bark for roofing and how to make shingles for cabins. I will miss that show also, season final was on recently for this season...it was different from the survival shows of people storing and buying goods to survive on....making their houses into fortified "forts" more ot less. They came closer to an pioneer life in this series. They told more about why the do the things they do also. Nearly most all the guys live in Scotish type kilts, with Indian style leggings out of leather up tgo their thighs. Amelia was in the same "dress" and apron through out the whole show. Most went barefoot also. If not they took to rubber fishing type boots. Anyway...I go now, but I enjoyed learning how they lived on the land and unrestricted...though some of them own the land they lived off of also...another vanishing ideal with population increases.I go for now...enjoy the evening...hopfully we won' t blow away tomarrow...talk to you then.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:51 on 17th November 2015
Sorry for the mispellings...I think right now that "security" is very strong on the internet...and you know what they do to me...mess up every word I say...so hope you can understand what was written.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:27 on 17th November 2015

Good morning...dark, windy and stormy outside...one tree branch fell but I got three more hanging on by an shear strand, wish they'd fall off without hurting anything. I went to get an doggie collar and kitty collar today and ran into what looks like that cat I found near dead on the side of the road, ou tin front of my house...at the release adoption pet center at Pet Smart in town here...it looks beautiful and fully restored for $50....but they declawed it....she could never be left to fend for herself now. One I was dealing with was an wild cat I think, but not sure. I find it hard to think people living in an three car garage two story house, with an new 39 foot motor home could be so cruel as to toss this cat out of their home in the past to fend for itself, an live in my back patio room most the winter long in the past. She was so wild, but we always had water available and some kind of dry cat food for her also...and my male cat use to watch over her back then....he was younger then. They named it "Annie". In the meantime looking out the window I see an kid walking from getting off the school bus in this bad weather...not even an hooded sweatshirt... on as if he were living in some kind of paradise island like Hawaii or something, I feel sorry for the kids of today. I think their care givers are cruel people at times. They can buy new cars, but never see to it their kids have the basic necessities. I can remember when I use to buy my son one jacket liner sewed inside an larger coat outter shell and he'd take them apart in school and give the jacket to Kasey to use...the little girl I took care of most the time...and he wore the other one. I use to buy her close to $300 worth of clothes every winter to make sure she had school clothes and added warm sweaters/sweatshirts to the pile of them along with jeans. Her mother being single and working an 3 to 11 pm shift was doing good to see her kids during the day..esp when she slept in the mornings. I don't know where she's at now, but hope to God, she's being taken care of properly and helped. So Christmas Album this year for an mere $5...and it's worth far more then that....Callled "Superstar Christmas...it starts with John Lennon and Yoko Ono...Happy Christmas (War is over)////and then on to Mariah CArey, FRank Sinatra, Micheal Bolton, Celine Dion, Bruce Springsteen and teh E Street BAnd, Cyndi Lauper, Luther Vandross, Boyz and  Men, Tony Bennett, Neil Daimond, Amy GRant, Placido Domingo, Collin Raye,Gloria Estefan, and ends with Barbara Steistrand singing "the Lor'ds Prayer"...it is one of the most up beat albums I could of ever found..  Not one deary sad song on it, not one rediculous song on it,,,just goood music. If any one can find it in Utube...they ought to give us all the link to hear it....we could listen to it decorating the house up for Christmas. Frank Sinatrasings "let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snow!....Tony Bennett sings "Winter Wonderland", and Bruce Springsteen "Maerry Christmas Baby"..an rockin kind of song th epleasantly nice to hear. Well "Scouts" is tonight so must get running along..thinking of adopting the cat...if my hubby would let me. A coupel fo days ago, before the Paris terrorist attack...I noticed myfence gate was open, with the I love you the kids had etched in the artifical snow I had sprayed the patio door with...someone had made an =sign with the sords...money is shitty...then came the Paris terror attack...and also that day about the time it happened, ..Ihad scrambled TV reception on my cable line...and now Art Bell says that last night...the group callled Anonymous...has declared cyber war on Isis.  I've ran into an few of them...they are famous for taking down web sites they believve are doing something wrong....Facebook want's to take them off their web site...but they vow to find whose finacing Isis across Europe and here probably and expose them....so the public knows whose funding their terrorist attacks....and also "hack them"... they remain unkown people, but they beleive it will stop the killin of the innocent. Expiose those Governments that are involved harrassing other through using ISIS.This is serious, these people are very smart people and know what they are doing. Maybe they can do something our politicians can't seem to do,...or the military... find out how they are communicating between their cell groups..of which may  be one of my hacker problems though "Satelitte" and Cable TV. I go for now.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:35 on 17th November 2015
Take note the mispelled words...they are not on the original text message, they show up after I hit the "post" button.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 15:35 on 18th November 2015
Hi to all POEsters, have a good day...

editPosted at 19:43 on 18th November 2015

Hum, lost my posting....Ok...today is both my mother's birthday and my hubby's younger sister...they both passed on way to young...and as November "Scorpio" birth signs...they lived a life in the desert more or less of survival.

Last night was something else...as we listened to Paris raids going on...I would hate to think my daughter's life went to blowing herself up...she was an well programmed solidier me thinks.  Anonmous group hacked 55 people they suspect as part of ISIS cells world wide last night and took them out by hacking their web sites, not an bullet left their guns if they have any....and these guys are super smart and tech brainy people whom have no name. They hit where they see "wrong" being done in the world. These people they hacked were on Twitter. They would like to list the people they do funding with to support their group also and are told they will be repriimanded if they do...Art Bell says he's already been reprimanded by Facebook 3 times for telling the truth. He just laughed. He is now world wide and in 25 times zones of the world in radio broadcasting. 

M grandson is here today...what is it about the "Kids" they come over and despite their ages there's somthing about sleeping on the sofa... under my snuggly blanket ...granny smells or sense of security?

As for the storm yeserday...less then an good handful of leaves remain on my 100 fott Oak tree out front, we lost one small branch...but the interstate freeway is closed until noon today up to Cascade Locks near Mt. Hood dueto 55 large trees going out and over the freeway....one trucker callled in to say it took him 3 hours to travel what would of been an 45 minute drive because of the debris. Over at the coast hurricane winds hit it in gusts and the heavy rain saw rivers flooding the parks along them...people were evacuated...one person died in thier car due to an downed tree. We had last I heard somewhere in the incinity of 4,000 people locally without power/electricity.

Last night was quite an night locally and globally. AS I listened to Art Bell, he read off th elatest news going in Paris and when he went off the air, I turned on CNN to see what they had to say. 

Amoung the goood guys dying recently was the teacher I mentioned here in POE in the past...Julius Bialostosy...and I don' tthink his obtiurary barely but touches on this man's character. He died Oct. 30, in the age of 93...and just an line about him...After he left our town as high school teacher and Baseball coach ,,I know he went on to David Douglas as their ciriculum teacher...which isn't mentioned...but it says he went on as and adminstrator of the state an county levels. But doesn't say what in what compacity he worked.  His family escaped  from Poland to New York...Jewis they say...having had all their posessions conviscated by the Nazi's, those of his family didn't leave, died in the Holcaust. They arrived "dirt poor" as it sounds...his family was made to sit in the "poor section" of their synagogue...and the discrimination of that never left hiim for that of social justice.

He was in Texas with an recent dark tan, in the army.. and had went to the movies when  he was barred from entering the theater where whites only sat....hence his nickname "Blackie"....though I've always been told he got his name as from shortened version of Balostosky. ...historically I'm finding out that many of the "old" Germans in the past have indeed, as well as the... because of thier darker skin been taken for light skinned Negores.He became an medic in the army...got busted by his commanding officer for refusing to give him morphine from his medical cabinet...and meant his future wife , whom at this time outranked him as an nurse. Their courtship was an private secret affair....they continued thier love affair through letters state side until they married. He eventually bought an farm south of me here in the Damscus area...through out all his life he worked constantly in any capacity he could find for an job. He started his education o fthe GI Bill as so many returning soldiers of the area did, entering college..later earning his master degree from from the University of Oregon. In his later years he worked as State Dept of Education in Salem, Oregon at the state level from an Cirriculum Coordinator and arising as asstitant Supertendent before he retired in 1975 due to health reasons. Through out hsi career he was he was an beloved teacher and colleague...and was proud of the enduring relationships he had with many students..it meant an great deal to him. He survived his wife ...and his family helped to found the Metropolitian Learning Center in NW Portland. This article goes on about his love for coaching Baseball, and their family love for reading poetry. Particularly Shakespeare. He left several children in his wake. Don, his eldest of course was Valdictorian of the United States when he granduated and went to an prestigious college. But it says nothing about that in this artilcle

Don was in my social studies/history class the day that Mr. Balvelt, another great teacher....and " Blackie" met in our classroom.... as the class president of the high school sat behind me..and he said but one thing...President JFK has been shot in Dallas..that's when.when the school anounced over the intercom...the President has been assinated and  died in Texas. First came the wake of "shock" and then the tears...everything just stood still and we cried. We hugged each other. We cried...We asked how could this happen in "America"...the supposed land of freedom for all.  Even now I can haedly keep from crying... just thinking about it.

Our country has never came out of this death...murder has become an everyday thing to us...rather by accident, or suscide, or murder....drugs run prolificatly, gangs went underground, but still exist. and for many of us older people it feels like since  his deathwe have went to "moral decay" in ways....money replaced God, sexy smute replaced entertainment, and violence we are taught daily by way of video games.  We can barely make an sutainable living economically....everyone seems always serious "sick" from some ailment and the basic life foundations of the earth are poisioned by chemtrailing/air pollution/ and weather control. You don' thave to ask what is wrong...only that no one is doing anything to change it. Everyone talks about it though. The kids of today have learned to make this "thier world" that they will be taking over some day also......Can they change it? Can we laugh again and be happy the "right/correct" way again with innocence. I know if "Blackie" were alive today...he'd be there saying..make an positive change in the world...think where your going and what you want and earn it.I never knew him to write out "pink slips" in school...he talked it out if there was an problem...wiht all the kids in the classoom.. Maybe because in the world he lived in growing up...he had no choices...it was die or do...if you didn't move on elsewhere.. He chose to move on....... and when he had the chance...he made an positive change for everyone...yep...everyone. They don' t make truly great teachers like that often, let alone human beings. With that

I close this and I read , like myself... he had an gift of gab at times....and he had an sense of humor in doing it.

I remeber the day I went to class and Mr. Blavelt said to me....Shirley...whose Mary Queen of Scots, and along with it three other "Mary's" noted in English history....and I answered...and he said...correct, now for "mary" and he said her last name...and I was stumped...who was she?...he said...DID you do your "homework this week. and I remarked meekly...Yes, but I don' tremember this "mary" and he I could lhear the rest of the students kind like  of snickering under thier breathe....and he said alll of an sudden...GOOD!....she was an whore...and everyone burst out laughing.  About that time the bell ring and he said, Thank you Shirley, now we know you do your assigned school homework! ...as we went scrambling off to our next class.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:38 on 19th November 2015

Wow what a post again Shirley; where do you find the time, or are you able to type quickly?

We always get a great read and a good idea of what goes on in your world, do keep them coming!

Hi to all POEsters...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:37 on 20th November 2015
Good Evening to all--just arrived back  8pm from Cornwall --believe it or not  we have been travelling by coach for 11hours due to the volume of traffic on the M6 --apart from that we had a great time --well worth the delays.Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:04 on 21st November 2015

Welcome back James!.....I laugh at Ron's remark. I sent out my last package today...so I have now "crossed" the USA for Christmas....get the hint?...".crossed."  North to South/East to west. Say, I think we are just as much persecuted some days as we are blessed. Took my sister back to her house, loaded down as usual also....but I'll be over there later next week for Thanksgiving Day. My "resting"for an while is about to stop here soon. I'm running late today...so best get going and will check in later to see if everyone is doing "OK"...is the Royal family going to show us thier Christmas preparations this year, or are they about ready for an rest also, with her building their house this year. I heard she was wanted an bit of privacy surrounding it.  I'd probably be in the same position though, under the same circumstances  Last I heard about Prince Harry, he was with Miss Davy. Holidaynisalways about "family" you know and what they are currently up to . I'm hoping they got an spectacular gift for George this year...I reember when out grandkids would calll us up so early in the morning...gotta come out and see what Santa left us!....so we walked into this hug remote control "fish" floating around in the air and back and forth across the room. One of them even monitored the Nemo to bend down and touch my pancakes I'd been made. About that time over came "Beel
 the black lab and butted it in the nose....and we all laughed.She was an dog that knew her manners!...talk to you all later on. James makes me feel like I'm ready for some Christmas music.

Nope Ron...I don' t type fast when I post in POE.