'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of the Welsh Highland Railway, porthmadog, North Wales.

Porthmadog

in the county of Gwynedd

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:48 on 24th November 2015
Good Morning--anyone out there?Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:47 on 24th November 2015

Well, finally I can post...Thank you Ron, was up to the hospital to see DeeDee...little puffy yet but had not been 24 hours yet since the surgery...left her with oodles of Christmas stuff....and she's started her therapy...and it's important. So hoping she's better by tonight and keeps getting better also. It was indeed an rought start this morning though...and I came from teh hospital and went out to the grandkids and if was snow alll the way...just about an mile east of Sandy, Oregon...not deep in many places you could see green grass, but still snow all over everywhere...and this is the lowest it's been so far this year.

I'm pittering an pattering around the house..setting tables, making cookie trays, checking things out an watching the Turkey unthaw....getting ready to toss the roast beef into the slow cooker. Thinking how I'm going to make things and when and its' mostly cooking and baking tomarrow and trying to sneak in the second half of "Dancing with the Stars" tonight and maybe the new season of "Oak Island" perhaps. Or else I'll have to catch it on tv again at another time. I can truly say that this has been the weirdest last 6 months...and there was some more of it yesterday...while I was buying an dollar hat...this lady with an heavy beard and fur on her face offered to buy me some gloves...I told her I didn't need them, but thanks anyway.  Bought my hat an left. I'll tell you some more later on, ask me about the guy with the bright blue turban hat. I think before I go pick up my sister tomarrow, I'll go by the store and get some peppermint bark candy for downstairs tray. I've got that all laid out also....harvest macaroni shaped turkey Salad...and next to that an deep dish pizza...fresh veggie and cheese/ meat....and potato chips and it's kind of kid ready with snacking going on as we plunge into the outside decorations tghe next day after Thanksgiving. They can come in an warm up with the wood stove an take an break from time to time.

What link Ron?...on the Christmas decorations...same as the year before...I'll have to scout out all the castles that cater to the public and events surrounding them as yet also. So huge, but they do an nice job of the decorating things up. Isn' t Christmas one of the few Holidays we on this side of the Pond celebrate with you guys on your side of the pond every year? I know Canada has celebrated thier Harvest Thanksgiving several weeks ago.

I go for now, today went fast...hope all are well and happy!    

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:33 on 25th November 2015
Good Evening --yes we are well and happy Shirley --how about you ??Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:46 on 26th November 2015

You asked for 'Christmas' images/decorations Shirley. I am saying that I will add a link to them for you, if and when I come across them.

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 17:08 on 26th November 2015

Good morning ...the Turkey is now in the oven and no tmuch to do for an bit timewise so thought I'd come in.

Be glad to see the link...last year the castle that King Aurthr's family up on the coast of England..one with the picture of the Round Table...had the most beautiful inside of their castle shown in pictures for Christmas...but I will look for your ;link as if the cold stays here, easier to see them from an computer then stand out in below freezing temperatures. We are over here this morning sending oiut "Happy Thanksgiving" greeetings to each other and I hope I can get into some of the on line Christmas animated cards and send some out if possible. Cheer everyne up.

I am concerned about Art Bell, he has his radio studio next to his house...first he had someone trying to get him offline by jamming his radio show, then he had someone show up one night an shoot at his radio station and house while he was on the air, then he got an death threat to get off the air or his family would be killed, then the other night, it seems...he saw his security light on his property come on....so he got his gun and went out...he saw an person under the window of the west side of his studio...went to pull the trigger and was blinded by another light coming on and the guy took off behind the house and into Federal land behind his house. It's getting kind of scarey...and I was thinking about it last night...it almost has the same feeling as watching Kevin Costner and Whitney Huston in the movie "Bodyguard" in ways. I wish him safe an wish they would send him an note an telll him what their problem is with his radio show that they don't want him on the air.

This is getting to be an "sign of the times"..over here...only certain people can communicate normally...all the rest are harassed to death in some way...why I have no idea. I call it the need to control others though...by people thatare radical to begin with and the reason no one listens to them to begin with. It is an sad time for our fredom of speech over here...and yet some ways it needs looked into...one of those "Pot shops" that jus topened toook the time in Rockwood to advertise on the sign of thier building about 1/2 block long that you just missed your chance to buy marijuana/habbis?...whatever they call it and it looks so bad for the whole neighborhood to drive down anmajor street and see this advertised this way. It wasn' t th epeople wanted pot shops on every corner...it was the people making money off it...they deserve to fail...they are not in the public interst for an worthy place and area to be living in....next to them moves in "smoke" shops and  pawn shops. Things associated with high crime.  So they have taken what was once an middle high income area of middle management  professionals to big Companies and made it into third world.... low status businesses of little worth to most everyone. Kind of like having strip joints in north Portland.  They don' tdo things decently and keep quiet and in the background in thier trade. It is sad what they have done to the area in such an short time.

I go for now I guess...and start heating up the food I made yesterday and and get the fresh fruit dishes made also.

Have an good day...we need lots of prayers and "Thanks" to our creator/God today and as Christmas comes...let' s hope as the country folks use to say around here...."Love from the heart" for everyone and everything in the world....God is about "life" and jesus came to give us the living gospel of true  "love" in the world. Let us be respectful of the sacrific he made back then and in his birth....it's said his father was well pleased in his son, but I think when you "do good".... he's well pleased in everyone.. Have an good day everyone, where ever your at today!!...what ever your doing.  Happy Thanksgiving from the ole' USA!

Be well...Dee Dee was released from her knee operation.... and went to her aunt's house late yesterday...she's doing very well so far. She's an nurse.... so she knows how to take care of herself very well..mostly because she does what she's suppose to do and in her therapy treatments.She will be up here in an couplel of weeks for seeing how is healed sometime in Janurary.....hope to talk to her then.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:40 on 27th November 2015

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving from this side of the pond Shirley and hope things will improve quickly for you and your family/friends wherever they are.

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:55 on 28th November 2015

Well, guys it's "clean up time" I guess you know...we just had day two of "Thanksgiving" dnner and everyone went back to their own houses. I gave them their new clothes for the weekend at the coast...and some $100 dollar billsI had stashed away before I took out an recent loan to pay off my debts...interest free.  Probably the last of the lush Christmas gifts in the form of money, but this is my grand-daughter's last year in high school and I wanted it nice this year for her....,though she has her own school jeans ot be buying with her money.  By next year she will be thinking about where she's going to be and what she's going to be doing in her life. So I'm getting some rest now and will tackle the dishes tomarrow,... hubby and the grandsons put up the outdoor decorations...on the patio table on the porch..snowman and spiral white tree, down on the ground in front of the house "Seasons' Greetings" with two small trees on each side of the sign in white spiral trees...down a ways Santa holding an sign says "merry Christmas"...behind him in the corner out front .....three mving reidneer standing in front of an small green tree with white lights....and surrounding the flower beds in back of all this red and shite candy cane lights.I should take an picture of it an post it here, if I knew how to do it properly..looks like an post card!!!   Easy up and easy down. Gotta go...talk to you all later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 23:04 on 28th November 2015

$100 dollar bills 'stashed away' Shirley?

What else might you be hiding from us here in the POE forum Shirley? lol

Hi to all POEsters

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:33 on 29th November 2015

I didn't know how Christmas would go this year, it was the last thing I stashed away before I took out an loan with no interest to pay off the bills of raising the grandkids for th elast 16 years. Which covered Christmas, Birthday, School and school functions and clothing fevery year for going to school, vacations, electronis...about $23,000 in all. Including educational needs, phamacy needs, tires for the cars, auto parts fo rwhen they had problems with them....my son has had an hell of an time during this time tryin gto hold down an job like most kids have been doing also....as they say over here...we ended up raising our kids plus our grandkids due to the economy. I am doing this in hopes I can update our vehcles before hubby has to retire...as it is right now...he can't retire. He turns 70 years old in about 3 weeks, though I'm told retirement is only for the rich these days and they like to keep on investing.

Today makes the second time I felt like I had Donald Trump in my house bad mouthy me, and I didn't like it the first time either. I sent him off somewhere else to pick on someone else. He must suffer from High Blood Pressure to keep it up...my docotr tells me not to be around this kind of person...it's not good for my health, so if it isn't  goood for my health I can imagine his health must suffer also.REember I told you I had an L shaped lounge wrappped around my livingroom and dining room walls...wiht balck executive chairs fo rthe sitting...well my Chrismas tree is ending up this year with black retangle ornaments, with sayings on them like "Happy Holidays",Wishing you an Merry Christmas...and "Ho Ho Ho"....all together I'd say I was making an nice corporate Christmas tree in the lounge for the top excutives...the rest of the room is Santa Claus, Scotch ribbon, nature type with pine and berries and fir trimmings and the tree gets finished off in shiny red,green, gold Christmas pattern bulbs with an topping of an gorgeous angel in red and gold and over all it has an "woodsey" kind of feel to it/natural, wiht burlap..., and yet not..very modern and sleek. .It should be quick and fast to take down everything after Christmas. I am munching on artichoke/bacon pizza right now, so talk to you later on. What happened to our Santa you posted Ron? We went to the town's tree lighting display and and it was so cold hardly anyone could stand to stay there for the ceremonies, so we never made it to see it actually lit, but we can still drive by I guess some night....I woke up at 32 degrees at about 7 am...and they said Bend, Oregon had an minus four for an low last night.....rain coming in by mid-week, so hope it warms up an bit. Once the tree is completed, so am I for this year's decorations.Have an goo dday everyone!

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:41 on 30th November 2015
Good Morning to all --and heres to our Scottish members on St Andrews daySmile