Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kew Gardens Museum, Greater London

Kew

in the county of Greater London

Tall Ship in Lowestoft Harbour

Lowestoft

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 23:25 on 12th November 2015

WEll, I'm resting Ron, but it does make for an good excuse for hubby to take me to the movie out thsi weekend, suppose to be an Holiday funny one..."The Coopers"...have known them most my life. I go tth eclosert cleaned out in sissy's room, and moved things about so I could store my Le Max Holloween decorations in there...they can't be wet, but I needed to glue some of them back together and didn't..so I hiope the bits and parts stay in the box undesturbed.

Then started working on the back patio room for Christmas an cultimated it with getting some decorations for the electric fireplace I bought Sarah recently. Between my lady at Pier one imports and the nice one at Micheal's...they help me pull things together elegantly without an lot of cost...and t's getting down to the nitty gritty and not much there... as they already started the 50 per cent off sales....even better then that for buying clothing.

It's raining here and I'd sure like to have an cozy fire, but we have things to do tonight...so no fireplace right noww......should not take us long though. Might have breakfast for dinner....ever so once in an while that goes over quite nicely...ok Ron....I keep resting an bit, but then I have my bedroom to do up also...get it straightened up, all before the regular Christmas decorations get taken out.  I fell asleep on him, for an bit anyway..and when that happens it gives me the wildest dreams for an bit. I wake up mumbling on how stupid they seemed to me.  So

I go for now...take it easy over there on the other side of the Pond, the snow stuck pretty good last night on Mt. Hood...5 to 10 inches depending on elevation...I think winter is here finally. I guess the rest of the nation got slammed with bad weather also yesterday. Talk later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:27 on 13th November 2015
Good Morning all ---have a nice daySmile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:33 on 13th November 2015

Hi to all POEsters, hope your day has been better than mine.

I spent all day with Anna in Horton General Hospital in Banbury and what a fantastic bunch of people, especially Staff Nurse Gill Whittingham in the Day Care Unit E Ward....thank you Gill. It was a long day, but you have to do what you have to do.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 10:43 on 14th November 2015
Morning/afternoon to all POEsters, hope your day will be good for you.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:06 on 14th November 2015
Good Afternoon to allSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:13 on 15th November 2015

hi there...just James and I here?....what happened to POE? 

Ron, what did you have to spend the day at the hospital wiht Anna for? Hope nothing to serious.

I had hubby take me to this year's Holiday Movie...it wasn' t funny to me...it was more of an reality type show in ways with people having problems.... that get together for dinner.  Not an lot resolved by the end of the movie either....but I find "humor" in this generation weird anyway...it's either insulting others...doing something criminal...and I find neither really "funny".  I think only Home Alone" number one was funny and that was the first movie..was because here's this kid out smarting adults. Then along came Tim Allen with "The Santa Claus" and it was different but number two wasn't as exciting to see either. I guess that is what I was thinking this one would be like in ways. I am spoiled...I wan tto see the magical..the awesome and sugar and spice an everything nice with an twist to getting there maybe.Been an lot of deaths in our area recently also...some good people have passed over. 

I worked to set up tables for 14 people for Thanksgiving....and Chris is going over to his dad's house and we find out that Sarah's parents...she has to work that day. So it may indeed be an quiet at home type Sunday Dinner. We went to Shari's Restruant since they remodeled it....all open concept which should solve an lot of group get togethers in general. What they did should also make it easier for the waitresses also. Very sleek and clean look as is with all new buildings these days. Not to much "atmosphere" going for it otherwise. I enjoyed my meal though and it was served really quickly. Kind of bored tonight...the rain that was suppose to be an wild storm today never took place...maybe over at the coast perhaps...but not inland. TV "sucks" tonight so may go to bed early or read my Cusler book....pick up where I left off...with smuggling artifacts from an ship wreck. It's been quite an week with the Paris terrorist ordeal...and that would of been scarey to be over there also. Art Bell spent most the night talking about it. Maybe I can get enough sleep this week, I'm not so tired  when listening to his show. ..I use to didn't mind it when he came on an second time after the first one...I ususally could pick up on what I missed if I fell alseep...you can do that now also...if you sign up for listening to the shows. You all feel like an lot of changes going on that may not be the better in ways. I can' t for love of money get into an higher level on my games on my tablet...they want me to buy points from teh app store and I'd have to go an get an card to do it. It seems so "rigged" to me now in ways...don' t pay for winning, you never do. I guess to teach the next generation that it's all about how much money you can fork over to be an winner...heh? So goodnight...see if there's anything exciting coming on or ot read or hear...talk later on. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:57 on 15th November 2015

You mean why don't more post here in the forum as they used to Shirley? Answer: Like all sites members come and go for reasons best known to themselves. There are many loyal members who visit daily from all over the world, read the posts and move on until something awakens their own interest so nothing to worry about Shirley POE still has the most visited England forum.

As for Anna and the hospital visit, they are trying to help her with immense pain and to reduce some of the medication without causing more problems

Hi to all POEsters as usual, hope you have a good day.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:15th November 2015 07:57
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:28 on 15th November 2015
Good Afternoon -have a nice day Smile
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
Posted at 19:14 on 15th November 2015
Having a fine weekend. Long leisurely lunch today in a great pub in Chehire with two other couples. Swimmin' last night. 
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:01 on 16th November 2015

That's good  they are looking into Anna's situation as they said the prescritpion drugs that have been released lately has risen them here in the US by 20 percent in only two years...not counting medical "pot" either Some group was out today though...with white cardboard figurines of people killed in accidents and tied one onto each post near by with the victim's name and date and picture and what caused the accident. 

Everyone talking about Paris and how ot help them...and everyone else Donald Trump suggested if the citzens were allowed to carry guns, that the people could defend themselves back better with the terrorist movement. It reminded me of the L. A. Riots....and many of the businessmen added rolled down steel  bullet proof doors to the fronts of their business...and many others removed glass windows also..in hopes to deter such stuff as random shooting going into buildings and harming others. I guess Isis is to blame or someone's scapegoat this time around. News media having an hey day..but can't seem to save any lives...as are many others as well.

I did in-depth deep sleep today..trying to make up for the recent long hours I've been working...Thanksgiving might be pared down this year to people having to work this Thnaksgiving Day. If the snow keeps up at Mt. Hood they are saying the ski lifts will open before the end of next week. This coming week will be an tweek things up an bit better and take care of small things laid aside recently...like re-heming my jeans in one case. Hello everyone in POE...hope this next week is an good one for you all.